Tuesday, April 28, 2009






















So once again i packed up the family and my 14 year old cousin William this past weekend to put in my 4th race for the Kenda cup west series. Once I moved up a class, I came to realize one thing is certain. This sport is packed full of sand baggers. I mean really, how did i go from beating my entire field before by well over 5 minutes in some races to coming in 13th in a field of 18 where the 2 leaders are coming in at over 10 minutes over the rest of the field, and have split times just comparable to the top 5 of the group above them? Well at least I can leave these races knowing one thing, I'm a full time nursing student, (about 45 hours/week), full time E.R. employee, (36 hours/week) and a Full time Dad, (? amt. of hours because the wife has to work more to pick up the slack), I get to ride 2x a week at best and I still get out there and race in a category that i feel is at my level. I've got my pride baby!!!






I gotta tell you guys that are killin' the competition in my group, look the hell out. I'm graduating this month and I'm gonna have lots and lots of time to be riding, so come Vegas in Sep. I'm gonna give you a run for your money.






Okay enough gripes, time to get back to business and get online to take a test for school.






Here are some pics of the last race. These are pics of where we stayed in Santa Ynez, (thanks to the McCoys) the set up, my personal mechanic, the best support team a rider can ask for and some dude that used to ride for my Dad's BMX shop way back in the day. Couldn't remember his name though. LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment