Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First Day

Okay, it's April fools day, and nobody has showed up to take away my bike, kit, or tent. I kind of went into hiding today just in case they did. I don't know about anyone else, but I got my Zaskar down to just a hair over 20 pounds last night.
This weekend will mark the first race that i'm going to do under the GT dirt coalition flagship. I'll be at the Sagebrush safari in San Diego county. I've never done this cours before, but from what I hear this is one of the best courses that there is. I just hope I can keep the rubber on the dirt. The last two Kenda cup races I did I crashed and ended up with some dissapointing finishes, but I still finished the gruelling courses in pain. I LOVE TO SUFFER!!!
To help me get ready for the season I enlisted the help of one of the strongest riders I know, Dave Calta. I invited him to our wed. night ride in Palos Verdes, (the one that I usually destroy my friends on the 2 mile fire road climb to the finish), and of course, as I guessed, Dave chewed me up and spit me out at the finish climb. This is what I fully expected, being that he's the California state champ a couple years ago in the expert catagory for 30+.
All I could do was lock out my fork, put my head down, drop the gear, and mash the pedals. I never caught him, but this is exactly what I needed. I can only get stronger, and faster riding with people like Dave.
So a big thanks to Dave for putting the hurt on me, I greatly appreciate it and my competition is gonna' hate you for it.
I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment